“It takes as much work to maintain a mess, as it does to maintain order.”
No matter if you work in a kitchen, office or taxicab, take your workspace seriously. It’s where you’ll likely spend most of your days, so make it yours.
Having the right office furniture is one of the best ways you can treat yourself, and also allow you to be more relaxed and high functioning throughout the day.
- Desk with space for monitors, keyboard and papers
- Comfy Chair
- Filing Cabinet
- Shelving for supplies
- Chair for Client or Guest
There’s always craigslist.com to scan for going out of business used furniture.
But to save time and get the right setup, you can shop online and get your new office delivered.
The store that has a great selection and free shipping is:
And for really great office chairs, you have to check out officechairs.com
Offices are frequently the place when injuries and accidents occur. These can be from falls, repetitive motions or strains due to the way one sits or stands. Ergonomics is simple the practice of design that minimizes the probability of these happening.
Ergonomics is a huge topic, documented at length by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). For now though, just a few ergonomic suggestions.
- Your chairs should allow you to have your feet flat on the floor with your hips and knees at 90 degree angles.
- Your computer work station should allow your monitor to be 18” to 24” from your body. The top of the monitor should be at eye level. Your keyboard should be directly in front of you.
- Any regularly used items, such as your telephone, binders and the like should be within 10” of your hands. And if you are frequently on the phone, you should consider a chair with a head rest.