“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.”
Does your small business need a sign to hang on the front door? Or how about a banner to put on your car or truck?
That depends. Do you have a front door? Will potential customers see the advertising on your vehicle? If you run an online only business, then signage makes no sense whatsoever. But if you have any kind of brick and mortar store, any kind of local presence at all, then good signage can be effective in increasing your traffic and sales.
Here are some of the reasons, according to the Small Business Administration, that you should use good signage:
- It is the most effective, least expensive advertising you can buy offline
- It introduces your business to people passing by and the community in general
- It is working to promote your business 24/7, 365 days a year
- If people see a product or service that they want on your sign, they are likely to stop in
- The US Census says that 18% of the population moves every year. Your sign introduces you to those who have just moved to your area.
Signage for your car and/or truck can also be effective for advertising yourself to potential local customers. But be aware, in some states putting a sign on your vehicle reclassifies that vehicle as commercial. Higher fees may apply and you may have to get commercial insurance which is much more expensive. Check with your insurance agent before proceeding.
A great place for signs is esigns.com Use a custom editor to get your signs just right. They carry
- Street Signs
- Folding Signs
- …and Free Shipping on all orders!
Promotional items are great ways to increase brand recognition and promote goodwill.
Top reasons why promotional items work:
- They last way longer than traditional ads. Think about that coffee cup in your cupboard you see every morning
- Can be transferred from person to person.
- Creates Goodwill as a gift
- It opens lines of communication. If you get a call from the companies who’s pen you have been using for the last month, you’d be more open to speaking with them.
For Promotional products like pens, flashlights, etc checkout Vistaprint.